2017-MAR-09 - Ten years has gone by since this site was live, I "blew the dust off it", so to speak, and updated most of the code to 2017 standards.
Not much changed, updated the budget figures, added some new reports like your vote based on your IP address.
So, it is back in beta and any input you have
You can send us bug reports here
Thanks, J. Sergneri 2017-APR-09
- Expected behavior:
- BACKSPACE is/was the normal route to return to the previous page. I see in CHROME 2017, this isn't the case, you have to use their navigation.
- You may see the url change from www.vote1040.org to www.sergneri.net - this is not a bug but a feature of the vhost technology used by my ISP.
- Errors - blank data - characters in place of numbers - malformed ZIP codes should all be caught and error messages displayed.
- All forms should submit and return values within one second. If you experience slower response times, please send us the time and date in a bug report.
- If you need a better explanation of what is expected of you when operating this site, that is a bug. This site should be self explanitory.
- I am still debating the need to check for repeat submissions. In theory, someone with the right browser setting could submit 100 entries but unless they are
Republican party/Russian operatives, I doubt anyone will care that much.
- ZIP codes are validated against 1991 census data, there may be a few missing - let us know and we'll plug the reference data. This data set
is one of the few FREE sources for ZIP codes out there. If you know of a more current set of ZIP codes, let me know via the bug reports.
- Please check all the links you can - report any broken links.
- If you see grammar or style problems - report them too, I'd like this site to look as good as possible.
- Send your feedback, please!
2017-APR-09 - Ten year update.
2007-APR-14 - Removed all test data so the data you see in the results page is "real".